4 1/2 oz each: The Cheese Shop Emmenthal, Gruyere, Raclette, grated
1 Tbsp cornstarch
1 garlic clove, cut in half
1 1/2 cups white wine or hard cider
freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
salt and pepper, to taste
1. Toss cheese with cornstarch.
2. Rub the inside of the pot with the garlic.
3. Pour in the wine/hard cider and heat until it just begins to bubble.
4. Slowly add in cheese, a small handful at a time, stirring in a figure eight motion. Wait until cheese is fully melted before adding next handful.
5. Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve with bread or fruit.