PARMESAN CRISPS WITH CHERRY-APRICOT MINCE
YIELDS: 28 Crisps
START TO FINISH: 1 ½ Hours
¼ lb. each Urban Herbs dried tart, cherries, dried apricots, finely chopped
1 ½ t balsamic vinegar
½ lb. The Cheese Shop grated Parmigiano Reggiano
1. In a medium bowl, combine chopped cherries, apricots & balsamic.
2. Stir thoroughly & let stand about 1 hour.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees & line 4 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Place 1T of Parmesan in a small mound onto each cookie sheet, alternating spacing & allowing about 3" between each mound (you should fit about 7-8 mounds per sheet).
3. Bake 1 sheet at a time for 12 minutes.
4. Remove from oven & let stand for 1 minute, putting the next tray in the oven.
5. Working quickly, fold & pinch one "edge" of the crisp to form a funnel-type shape (Careful-they are hot!)
6 .Lay upside-down to cool. To store, layer between parchment paper in an air-tight container until ready to fill with fruit mince.
7. Just before serving, place a small amount of mince into each crisp.