YIELDS: 4-6 servings
PREP TIME: 30 min.
COOK TIME: Less than 10 minutes
REFRIGERATE: 24 hours
½ C white vinegar
¼ C sugar
1 T kosher salt
1 T Urban Herbs pickling spice
¾ lb. The Cheese Shop Raclette cheese
3 cucumber, peeled & sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 large red pepper, diced
*You can substitute/use mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, cauliflower, broccoli, yellow beans, carrots, celery & radishes. Blanch firmer vegetables first.
1. In a non-aluminum pan, heat white vinegar, sugar & salt until dissolved.
2. Bring to room temperature & add pickling spice.
3. Place prepared vegetables in a non-aluminum bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over & stir to blend.
4. Cover & refrigerate for 24 hours. Store up to 2 weeks, stirring daily.
1. Place Raclette on an oven-safe, table-friendly platter or skillet (Pyrex®, cast iron, enamel).
2. Heat gently in the oven or use a Raclette grill (do not microwave) until soft & slightly melted.
3. Serve immediately with pickled sides.
Pickled herring, smoked trout, sliced ham, prosciutto, crusty bread, boiled red-skinned potatoes, apples, cooked asparagus & mushrooms, black olives.
Green tea, ice wine, pinot gris, Riesling, Beaujolais wine.